Lawyer Sitting at His Desk With PaperworkAbsolutely! In fact, in order to navigate the complicated state and federal laws that apply to your situation, it is highly recommended that you do hire a non-military attorney to help you get out of your lease without penalty and get the compensation you deserve for your damages. Base legal won’t be able to help you because it is a conflict of interest for them to represent you in suing a military partner, but I can help you.

I served in the Marine Corps after law school, and I have been fighting for servicemembers’ civil rights for over 20 years. I know the military, and I know the laws as they apply in this situation. If you are struggling with mold, rodents, lead paint, or another hazard in base housing, reach out to me to discuss your case.

What I Can Do for You

I’ve heard the story from servicemembers just like you. They are living in hazardous conditions in base housing—breathing in dangerous mold spores, exposing their children to toxic lead paint, or constantly cleaning up rodent droppings—but their Lincoln Military Housing or another private landlord won’t do anything about it. In fact, they are being blamed for being a poor housekeeper. Their personal possessions have been ruined, their children have been harmed, and they can’t afford to move. If you are in the same situation—no matter where you are stationed across the country—contact me about your rights. I may be able to take legal action under one of the following:

Your State’s Tenants’ Rights Laws

Every state has laws addressing breach of contract, warranty of habitability, and constructive eviction that protect renters from the kinds of issues you are facing. If your landlord broke a state law in their treatment of you, I can file suit in your state of residence.

Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) 

This federal law protects military members from being evicted without a court order. If you are forced out of your base housing because it has become uninhabitable, I can file suit in federal court under the SCRA.

The bottom line is, you won’t know what your rights are or what can be done to get you out of this nightmare until you talk to a lawyer who is removed from the situation.

Fill Out the Form on This Page

When you fill out the contact form to the right of this article and hit the “Get In Touch” button, your message comes straight to me, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Include a few words about what’s happening, and I will be prepared with answers for you. Don’t let Balfour, Lincoln, Patrician, or Pinnacle get away with breaking the law. Together, we can hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve. You can also call me toll free at 855.982.2400.


Michael F. Cardoza, Esq.
Connect with me
U.S. Marine & Consumer Financial Protection Attorney helping victims of ID theft and Credit Reporting errors.