It's not over. There are more steps you can take to correct your credit report.

You May Be Entitled To Sue For Correction Of Your Credit Report And For Compensation!

Let me tell you why and how. 

First, don't feel bummed out about it. In my experience, about 50% of all legitimate credit reporting disputes are denied. Why? It's usually because:

  • The dispute wasn't appropriately worded and documented.

  • The credit burueas didn't do the investigation that they're supposed to do.

Here's A Checklist Of What To Do Next If Your Credit Dispute Is Denied

1. If you didn't dispute the errors by mail you need to do that immediately. Also be sure to include copies of  all supporting documentation.*

2. Next, if your dispute from #1 above gets denied, request a Free Case Evaluation to see if you're entitled to sue in court for correction of your report and possibly for compensation.

I practice exactly this type of law and, in virtually all of these cases, will represent you for no-money down (sometimes a client pays for costs). 

If you're interested in WHY and HOW these things happen, you should also read "How to Fix Your Credit Report Dispute Denial".


Michael F. Cardoza, Esq.
Connect with me
U.S. Marine & Consumer Financial Protection Attorney helping victims of ID theft and Credit Reporting errors.